1. Each member high school (Principal) will be required to mandate that all “NEW” coaches (hired after January 1, 2012) successfully complete the following (initial certification valid for 5 years):
2. ● Red Cross First Aid course and
● Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course
3. NFHS Online Courses www.nfhslearn.com :
● NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Course (which includes the RIIL Rules and Regulations Test).
● Annually complete the NFHS Concussion in Sports Course.
4. Starting August 2016, all RIIL coaches must annually complete an RIIL Online Rules Test (nfhslearn.com)
5. Beginning with the 2017 winter season, ALL coaches must complete the free online course NFHS Sudden Cardiac Arrest prior to the start of the season.